Saturday, November 15, 2008
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
1. If this was your first HSKS, have you enjoyed yourself. If you are alumni, was this term better than other terms (if so how)? I liked all the activities, but my own life was busy, too, so I didn't participate as fully as I would have liked.
2. Will you be returning for HSKS7? I think so!
3. What is your favorite part of HSKS? Quidditch
4. If you had the chance to switch houses next term would you? What house would you be in? I've enjoyed Hufflepuff and would like to stay if possible.
5. Are there any problems that you need to talk to the Head Girl or Prefects about? Nope, just trying to get my package done on time. I have all the pieces but need to pull it together.
6. Has your Spoiler been in contact with you about your package? Yes, I've already receive it!
7. Have you been in contact with your Spoilee to let them know you are still with us? ;) I need to send her another owl-mail I think.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
A beautiful owl dropped a huge box off for me yesterday from Waverly Trimble!!! Look at all the HSKS goodness stuffed in side:
There is a handmade black bag to hold my Dye Kit! I have no idea what TO DO with it now, but I'll figure it out! And, Waverly gave me Hufflepuff colors! You can also see some of my pampering kit items in both pictures: neck rest, gels, soap, confetti, loofah .... aaah, I feel relaxed already.AND, there were two new Bamboo crochet hooks and some DPNs (I'm gonna figure out how to use them!), plus a hot chocolate lover's tower of delight .... gorgeous mug, cocoa mix, even chocolate with a mini grate for the ultimate luxury! Plus, that sweet believe mini-pillow hanger. I love it all. Thank you so much!!!
I need to finish up my package to send .... I didn't make the early mailing dealine and am so bummed about that. I wanted my Dumbledore's Army badge... =(
Monday, November 3, 2008
I like pink and brown together but, to tell you the truth, the overall effect of that particular yarn in that hat (without the ribbon) kinda reminds me of Ron's dress robes ... if you know what I mean! LOL!!! I tucked in a really nice knitting book to make up for my tardiness (and ugliness).
So, here it is, the reason Ron has such a look on his face:
I hope we all agree that there's truth in "it's the thought that counts"! I wish Fleur the best of luck in this next round!!! Huzzah Huffs!!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
It took forever to get out of the infirmary, and by then Professor Lupine was in a foul mood. Luckily, he knew how to improve it: by finding the culprits and making him, her or them pay. Lupine had overheard some students giggling in the hallways the other day about Lavender Ollivander's stash of doxy eggs, so he had a good idea of who to interrogate first. Unfortunately for him, but rather fortunately for Lav O, the common room password had recently been changed to Gryffindor, so Lupine couldn't enter. Former headmasters looked up from their portrait and laughed at the cursing, frustrated Professor.
The old Professor Lupine would have thrown a hissy fit at being taunted by a mere portrait, and blasted the thing all the way into the 5th floor girl's bathroom. The new Professor Lupine went to 15 weeks of Anger Management classes, punched a lot of pillows, and took up crochet. And started subscribing to the Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes catalogue.
Professor Lupine's first class off the day was Charms with the 3rd year Hufflepuffs and Slytherin. It took them 2 hours to clean up after the entire carton of Wildfire Whiz-Bangs that went off and clung to their robes, schoolbooks, and any exposed flesh. The students all knew that Lav O was planning to do something in Charms to get Professor Lupine, so everyone blamed her for the prank and gave her the cold shoulder for 17 days, until Lavender A blew up the Flying classroom with a misplaced charm and became the new pariah-of-the-hour.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
2. A subject at Hogwarts - Charms
3. A prime number between 53 and 1000 - 83
4. A professor at Hogwarts (either gender) - Professor Hagrid
5. A body part - Nose
6. A verb - Skip
7. Your character name - Lavender Ollivander
8. Your favorite Quidditch team - Gryffindor
9. Someone (or someones) you'd find in a portrait at Hogwarts - former Headmasters
10. A number between 1 and 7 - 5
11. 20 minus your answer for #10 - 15
12. A craft (noun) - Crochet
13. A Hogwarts House other than Hufflepuff - Slytherin
14. Something they'd sell in Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes that makes a big mess, loud noise, lots of smoke, or general nuisance - Wildfire Whiz-Bangs
15. The character name of another swapper in HSKS6 - Lavender A
16. A subject at Hogwarts - Flying
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Nice hunting .. thanks for joining me this am, Ursula and Selena!
As an aside, isn't this cute?? Let's all feel the love.
I sure hope some fellow puffs join me in our common room to discuss strategy!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Slughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
2. How does Harry get detention in DADA? Snape tries to jinx Harry, Harry retaliates and gets detention.
3. How does Ron get his spot on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team? Hermione confunds McLaggan
4. When is the first Apparition lesson? February 1
5. When do Ron and Ginny breakup with Lavender and Dean? April 21 - Harry's lucky day
6. What Horcrux is hidden in the cave? a fake Slytherin Locket
7. Who does Filch have a romance with? Madame Pince
8. When is Voldemort’s birthday and birth place? December 31st in a Muggle Orphanage in London
9. What is Dumbledor’s favorite flavor of jam? Raspberry
10. Who is “Mollywobbles” and who uses the name? Mrs Weasley, as called by Arthur in their alone times and used as a secret word to confirm they hadn't been cursed
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
A fun little quiz with a prize for a lucky Hufflepuff:
1 Which is your favorite book in the series (and why)? I liked The Sorcerer's Stone, just because it was the beginning of an amazing era.
2 If you were taking Owls, which class would you get an E in? Would you get any Ts? I think I will E in Charms but T in Herbology (black thumb here).
3 Who is your favorite character (or characters) in the Harry Potter series? I love Mamma Molly, and Luna Lovegood.
4 If you had to pick 1 character for a roomate, who would you pick and why? Who'd be your least-favorite to have as a roomate? Hermione would be a terrific roomie/study partner to help me! As much as I like Luna, I wouldn't want to room with her .. too many Nargles!
5 Hufflepuffs are a hardworking bunch, but also a bit mischevious. Which Hogwarts professor would you most like to prank, and how would you do it? Snape, maybe a fake loveletter (but PRAY never to get caught)
10 Since we're Hufflepuffs... Yellow or Black? Basic black.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
I think I saw the snitch there before and didn't know what it was. Well, I DO NOW.
I need a nap. Hmmph!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
c. Emmeline Vance
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11:00 pm
4. What did Professor Slughorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
b. A duck
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
b. Eileen Prince
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
She was worried about pet hair. The Masters asked so I answered, but I just don't worry about it since I love animals so much. If I get sneezy, I take an antihistamine!
I will have to let all my future partners know I'd like something in HP colors if it's in their stash (wool if possible, due to static); otherwise, go with what is owned. I also made my true confession about my head: it measures
I really can't wait until the dueling crochet hat pattern is posted so I can get started! I will go to church in the AM, so hopefully I can get it finished before then. ;) Two hours should be plenty of time.
On a different note, I haven't made ONE house meeting or celebration or anything. I'm always caught in another class or detention or doing an odd-job around the castle; maybe some day I'll get to hang with my classmates!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
5. Do you have any other hobbies? Sewing, reading.
6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? I love bamboo, and also feltable fibers.
12. What is your favorite type of book or movie? romantic comedies, culinary mysteries, fantasy
13. Who is your favorite person at Hogwarts? I really like Professor McGonagall
14. Favorite class and/or subject at Hogwarts? Transfiguration
15. How many family members do you have? hubby, three grown kids, one 9yo daughter and a cat
16. What is your favorite Fall activity? being able to use the fireplace
17. How many projects do you have on your needles/hook? always 5-10
18. What is your favorite type of footwear? at home, cozy socks and slippers. I like the style of Dearform ballet slippers but mine are too narrow for my fat sz 10 foot. At work, I wear comfy flats.
19. What is your favorite beverage of choice? cold-diet Pepsi; hot-soy hot chocolate or soy chai
20. What is your favorite part of Half-blood Prince? Every time Harry says he's Dumbledore's man through and through.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Your perfect HP man is Remus Lupin.
You like a nice, kind guy with a bit of a fierce streak and you don't mind if he comes damaged. Sure, he may take some convincing since his self-esteem's so low, but once you win him over, you know he's yours for life. Unless of course he has an attack of "I'm not good enough" and runs away, but luckily he's also good at making friends who will push him back into line if necessary.
(Art by Gold-Seven http://gold-seven.deviantart.com/ Used with permission.)
Saturday, September 13, 2008
I am allergic to:
Pets that I have:
indoor/outdoor tabby cat named Ollie
My favorite yarn:
Bamboo and feltable fibers
My favorite flavor:
Anything cherry or berry
My favorite holiday:
I would like to receive a: Surprise Me Kit - they all sound great!
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length:
For hooks, I prefer in-line hooks made from natural materials. I am not familiar with knitting needles since I'm new.
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?:
Check out this hook and this one .. they look like wands! For needles, I've heard that KnitPicks interchangeables are wonderful.
I've participated in HSKS:
This is my first year
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day?
Nope -- May 30 for me
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Loyal. Dependable. True. Just.
What an honor to be sorted into Hufflepuff! The house based on values and virtues over simply deeds. Not that the Hufflepuffs don't do anything worthwhile, it's just that here importance is based more on how you are, not what you do. Hufflepuff is all about acceptance. Since when is that a bad thing?
In Hufflepuff, there is a fallacy that the members are simply average, not good enough to get into the other houses. This is most definately not so. Just because Hufflepuff doesn't discriminate against people for not being good enough (or brave, smart, and ambitious enough), does not mean that the entire house is full of wimps, as people seem to think. While, yes. hard-workers are most likely to enter Hufflepuff, this does not mean there aren't other qualities. The fact that Helga Hufflepuff will take "all the rest" can and is seen as a bad thing, by some.
A Hufflepuff is loyal to their friends, trustworthy and patient, and often hard-working. One need not to fit all the criteria of a house to belong it it, nor not have any of the other House's values.
Last, I hope I need not remind you of Cedric Diggory, the one champion chosen for Hogwarts, over all the cunning Slytherins, brave Gryffindors, and clever Ravenclaws. You'd do good not to doubt Hufflepuff.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? What are your second and third choices? Hufflepuff, 2nd Gryffyidor, 3rd Ravenclaw
List your favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length. Or would you prefer circulars? I'm open -- don't own either. I prefer some sort of wood if possible, interchangeables would be cool but VERY extravagent!
Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? Partner's favorite. I'm new to knitting.
Do you have any allergies? animal fur makes me sneeze, but I still own an indoor/outdoor kitty
Do you smoke? no
Do you have cats? yes
Are you willing to send internationally? prefer US or Canada
What type of kit would you like to receive? Bag Kit, Sock Kit, Yarn Dyeing Kit, or Surprise Me Kit? Dyeing kit or bag kit (simple) Something crochet related would be my favorite, though
What was your portkey to get to the registration form? Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince book